Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Heliodisplay: Minority Report-style display...today!

[Click title to visit site]

io2 Technologies brings us the closest thing yet to the interactive "mid-air" displays shown in "Minority Report".

Using a thin stream of "altered air", the system incorporates a rear-projection system to simulate 3D, and includes an interactive system that allows the viewer to touch, move and otherwise interact with the projected images.

The title above links to the company "image and video" page, which includes a demo video clip of the system in action.

[via Technovelgy.com]

Comments:
Ok, I admit it. I am a full- fledged, functioning, eager, card carrying member of the Toys for Geeks club... and I want one of these.

I can't help it. I love gadgets.. I want toys.. I want to control my world with an "altered air" (and what the heck does that mean, anyway?) display that I can manipulate at will. I'm just irritated that I can't play that video here at work. hmph.
 
Ayana -

too big for a stocking, methinks. But we can price them at any rate. LOL

Actually, I'm blogging an even better "true 3D" display that uses lasers to create actual "plasma dots" that create a 3D image above the device...like a dot-matrix printer in mid-air. Very elementary now, but soon you will have the "world" at your fingertips...as you so desire. LOL
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?